While it isn’t fresh berry season here in PA, there are lots of berries in the stores. This is a great opportunity to introduce your child to some tasty berries.
If your child enjoyed yesterday’s Jack Hartmann video, here is his letter B video
Printing the letter Bb
Capital B- start at the stop, straight line downnnnn, back to the top, bump to the middle, bump to the bottom
Lowercase b- start at the top, straight line downnnnn, up on the same line half way, bump to the bottom
Today’s activities: Berries!
Favorite berry survey: Have your child create a survey sheet. Then they can poll family members or even their stuffed animals. Have your child ask the people “Do you prefer strawberries, blueberries, raspberries or blackberries?” Then your child will color in the graph accordingly. Children love creating surveys as they get to know new information about people AND practice graphing at the same time. This is a great activity to complete when calling extended family members.
Berry patterns: Have your child draw, or even better use real berries, to create patterns. Have your child name the pattern as they make each pattern. Remind them that a pattern is something that repeats itself.
Make mixed berry sauce– can be made with fresh or frozen berries
Mix Berry Sauce
- 2 c. mixed berries
- 1 lemon
- put berries into the sauce pan over high
- zest and juice the lemon adding both to the pan
- once it comes to a boil, reduce the head to low and let the mixture simmer
- stir to assist in the breaking down of the berries
- remove from the heat and let cool
- serve over pancakes, yogurt, ice cream… whatever you want/need a berry sauce